DON’T HESITATE TO SEEK THE LEGAL ASSISTANCE YOU NEED
If you’ve been accused of a serious crime like elder abuse, it’s important to know that you have rights. At the Law Offices of Richard Dudek , we provide vigorous defense against the charges you’re facing, as we believe in protecting your constitutional rights and your good name as you deal with the criminal justice system.
Trusted Sacramento attorney Richard Dudek has years of experience in criminal defense law, and as a former prosecutor he knows exactly how district attorneys approach these types of cases. If you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer when facing abuse or domestic violence charges, you can count on us.
What is elder abuse?
Because it involves crimes against a highly vulnerable population, elder abuse is a serious accusation and those convicted may face harsh consequences. The following are some of the most common types of elder abuse:
- Physical abuse. This form of abuse may result in physical injuries or illness, including bruises, black eyes, broken bones, cuts, punctures, sprains and sores. These are usually signs that an individual has been restrained, shaken or beaten in a way to cause significant physical harm.
- Emotional abuse. You may be accused of emotional abuse if someone claims you have verbally assaulted, threatened, humiliated or harassed an elderly person. This accusation may come as the result of the individual becoming more withdrawn or depressed than usual.
- Financial abuse. The misuse or exploitation of an elderly person’s money is another common form of abuse. You may find yourself accused of this crime if the individual under your care has made unusual financial transactions, there have been changes to wills and trusts or there is money missing from checking or savings accounts.
- Sexual abuse. This includes any non-consensual sexual contact with an elderly person, as well as forcing an individual to view pornography or engage in coerced nudity.
- Neglect or abandonment. Healthcare professionals or organizations charged with caring for the elderly may face accusations of neglect or abandonment, particularly if an individual’s family does not believe the elderly person is receiving adequate care and attention.
Defending yourself against charges of elder abuse
Elder abuse accusations involve difficult and emotionally charged issues. People charged with this crime often feel that the criminal justice system has found them guilty before they get a chance to defend themselves. In addition to domestic violence or abuse criminal charges, friends and family members of the alleged victim may also seek compensation through a civil lawsuit. For these reasons, it’s critical to work with a knowledgeable and skilled criminal defense lawyer with experience in cases involving elder abuse.
Speak with a dedicated Sacramento criminal defense attorney today
Elder abuse is a serious crime, and you need a highly skilled lawyer working on your behalf. At the Law Offices of Richard Dudek , we meet with you personally to provide reliable legal advice, closely reviewing your case and tailoring our approach to your specific situation. From our office in downtown Sacramento, we’re available nearly 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today at (916) 444-7595 or contact us online to arrange a consultation.