CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER IN SACRAMENTO
There are few areas of law as hotly contested as that of guns and weapons.
The state of California lies at one extreme while a large portion of the country lies at another, where guns and weapons are quite loosely regulated. Since individuals cross state lines quite frequently, it can be complicated to understand what exactly is permitted in each state.
Weapons Charges in California
California regulates guns and other weapons quite strictly, so there are many laws related to this subject. Due to this high regulation, it can be difficult to understand what is legal and what is illegal. Some of the more common weapons charges in California include:
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Improper handling of a gun in a car
- Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (includes firearms)
- Firing a gun into a building or structure that is occupied
- Selling firearms
- Possessing an assault weapon